Sunday, February 3, 2008

Just Getting Started!

Welcome to my new blog! This is where I will try to post what is going on with Parrotise Beads. I am opening an Etsy shop, and plan to have a few items up for sale this week.

Yesterday, my friend Rachel and I went to the first AREtsy get-together. We had a wonderful time! We made new friends, saw some beautiful art, and ate some yummy food! Everyone brought samples of their work, and we had a blast passing it around and oohing and ahhing over it all. The meeting was hosted by Cyndi, AREtsy's The Twisted Purl. There are a couple pictures from the get-together on her blog. Cyndi spins and hand paints the most beautiful yarn you will ever see! One of the most exciting parts of the meeting was when she pulled out her spinning wheel and gave us a demonstration. It was amazing! If you would like to see what the very talented Arkansas Etsy artists are up to, check out our AREtsy Team page for links to our shops. I guarantee you won't be dissapointed! I can't wait until the next meeting and hope more of the AREtsy folks will be able to join us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Li'l Sis. You make a big sister proud. Such talent will take you a long way.
Love ya,
Granny Lou
(my new name :-) )

Anonymous said...

Thank you Vicki for bringing me to the AREtsy gathering. I had a great time visiting and seeing art. _Rachel

Anonymous said...

I love how your work covers the various seasons and events throughout the year. They are all so great. But I really enjoyed the snowball and mittens close up. The choice of clear glass on the snow ball makes it give that feeling of cold water melting on the surface. I love it.

Julie Anne of Diamondmeenuh Creations said...

Those are beautiful birds! Obviously well loved, too. I can see they're as much a part of you as mine are of me. I did post a recent picture of me and three of my feathered angels, AsaMina (left), Worthington (right) and Cleo, (knee)